TMYS Facebook LIVE with global thought-leaders under TMYS Review June 2023, in collaboration with CAPI, University of Victoria. The book under the project will be available HERE in June 2023.
(I) Gender Roles in Tribal Traditions & Heritage. (moderated by Dr. Stella Chitralekha Biswas)
1. Gender and Folklore: A Historical Perspective
Tracing Traditional Roles of Women in Shaping and Preserving Tribal Identity.
Delegate Speakers: Abin Chakraborty Surama Bera Nandini Sengupta
2. Tribal Women as Custodians of Traditional Knowledge Systems
Indigenous Women and Transmission of Traditional Symbols, Icons and Religious Rituals
Delegate Speakers: Geetika Ranjan Purbasha Mondal Sumedha Verma Ojha
3. The Role of Tribal Women in the Preservation of Endangered Languages
Women's Contribution in the Protection of Indigenous Languages Through the Binoculars of Diachrony.
Delegate Speakers: Shaktipada Kumar Sandesha Rayapa Mohan Dangaura
4. Costume & Cuisine Defining Tribal Identity: A Historical Review
Women Decision-makers Exploring Tribal Cuisine and Clothes across Generations.
Delegate Speakers: Sayan Dey Lisa L. Pichuau Mridula Rashmi Kindo
(II). The Everchanging Status of Women in Tribal Communities (moderated by Sourabhi Dutta Roy).
1. The Diverse Roles of Tribal Women in Family Traditions
Women as Domestic and Social Resources and their Personal Space.
Delegate Speakers: Subhadra Mitra Channa Nidhi Dugar Kundalia K. Pushpanadham K. Viswa Bhushan
2. Overcoming Barriers: Success Stories of Tribal Women.
Economic Growth and Development of the Tribal Women in Society.
Delegate Speakers: Arunima Goswami K. Kalyani Meghna Guhathakurta
3. The Struggles of Unheard Voices.
The Patriarchal Authorities and Local Dominance of Tribal Communities.
Delegate Speakers: Mallarika Sinha Roy Samita Manna Erik De Maaker
4. When Women Become Witch: The Dark Stories.
Punishing Tribal Women for their External Appearance and/or Disobedience.
Delegate Speakers: Shashank S. Sinha Anamika Baruah
5. The Worldview of the Great Andamanese
Endangered Languages and Feminist Narratives.
Delegate Speaker: Anvita Abbi
6. Another Paradise on Earth: Socio-economic Status of Kashmiri Tribal Women
Delegate Speaker: Dr. Shahid Iqbal Choudhary
(III.) Historicity of Social and Political Struggles of the Tribal Communities. (moderated by Jaishree Chouhan).
1. Positioning of Tribal Women from Historical Perspective.
Marginalized Status of Tribal Women under Mainstream Feminism.
Delegate Speakers: Upasana Mahanta Philipp Zehmisch Sanjukta Das Gupta
2. The Stories of Conflicts and Confrontation.
Tracing Back the Oppressive Practices Against Tribal Communities Throughout History.
Delegate Speakers: Dakxin Bajrange Chhara Jelle J.P. Wouters Virginius XaXa
3. Tribal Representation in Historical and Political Narratives.
Underrepresentation of Tribal Communities in Mainstream Conversations and Content Consumption.
Delegate Speakers: Tuhin A Sinha Joy L.K. Pachuau Richa Lakhera
4. Habitation and Tribal Identity.
Sustainable Habitation of Tribes and Side-lining the Communities in Environment Preservation Discourses.
Delegate Speakers: Sudash Lama Budhaditya Das Walter Fernandes