An Eight Week Personalised Creative Writing Workshop
Twelve Hours of Classroom Mentorship
Regular Feedback on Writing, Ideas, Characters
Readings from and Discussions on the Books of Renowned Authors
Learn to Observe and Weave Real Life Situations into Stories
Customised Exercises to Improve Writing Skills
THEME: URBAN LEGEND
The programme does not require you to submit a story during registration. It is designed to help new storytellers start from scratch. Researching, writing & improvising will happen during the 8 weeks of the workshop. The participants will develop systematic writing practices and habits that make progress easier & exciting.
Programme Duration: 8 Weeks
SEATS ARE LIMITED. WE ARE UNABLE TO EXTEND DEADLINES
* Registration is subject to payment of the programme fee and required documents.
* Scroll down for Registration rules
The Writing Programme will work with the applicants on:
•Understanding the Theme.
Urban Legends form important creative communications and literary documents for a community and a country. Explore the adventure.
•Plot Construction and the Story.
Identify your personal strengths as a storyteller and enhance the story using those attributes.
•Research & Writing.
The same story can be told in many ways. Information processing becomes critical. How a story is told defines its readership and relatability.
Learn to effectively use imagination, observation and memory to create realistic characters that stay long after the story is over.
•Drama and Dialogue.
Elements of drama and intelligent dialogues can make or mar a story. Learn about the stereotypes. Discover your own voice.
•Reading and Discussions.
Joint reading from the works of renowned authors to note their writing techniques and sensitivity.
A lot is seen but not necessarily observed. Minute observations and responses to people or situations add many dimensions to a story if they blend well with the plot.
•Finishing and Finalization.
Any form of art, be it painting, cooking, or writing, requires certain finishing touches. These include, and aren’t limited to, sharpening, polishing, and editing your work. All that glitters is NOT gold!
• All participants will receive a Letter of Completion (digital) from TMYS on successful and timely completion of the course-work.
• The stories developed under the programme will be developed into a book (ebook + paperback, available via Amazon).
(Optional for participants; they may choose to not publish their stories with us and submit elsewhere.)
• Participants will be awarded a gift hamper, based on their merits and sincerity.
• Based on the participant's merits and interest, he/she will be invited to moderate LIVE author interactions under TMYS.
* Decision of the faculty will be final.
* Scroll down for Registration rules.
1. The programme will require participants to attend online meetings/workshops once a week. Saturdays for 1.5 hrs. 6pm IST (adjustible in case of inconvenience of any participant).
2. Timely completion of tasks is mandatory. The tasks will require approximately 2-4 hours per week, depending on the existing skills of the applicant.
3. All other details, along with the course schedule, will be emailed to the applicants post registration.
4. The manuscripts will be considered for paperback and ebook publication ONLY on successful completion of the workshop. If mentorship sessions are missed, the manuscript is not developed appropriately, the participants are unavailable to work on the manuscript, etc. – we will not be able to proceed towards publication.
Registration fee is INR9440/- (Rs. 8000 + taxes) for participants from India and USD 140/- (all inclusive) for participants outside India.
Mode of Payment
• For participants residing in India: Payable in advance by NEFT.
Tell Me Your Story OPC Pvt. Ltd.
A/c no : 059685800000177, Yes Bank. Branch - Shankardhan Plaza Junction, MM Road, Mulund West, Mumbai 400080, IFS Code : YESB0000596.
pay via Paypal - interest charges extra. (You don't need a Paypal account, this allows you to swipe a card.)
• For participants residing outside India and foreign nationals:
USD140/- all inclusive, payable in advance by Paypal.
Email us at email@example.com for the Paypal link.
The Registration Fee is non-refundable.
Applicants must register along with
1. payment receipt against the registration fees
2. an updated bionote of not more than 100 words
3. a photograph.
4. social media handles of the participant as applicable - Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram
The above must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Somrita Urni Ganguly
For queries, please email us at email@example.com
Kindly excuse us if we do not respond to queries that are already addressed here. We expect the applicants to read the above thoroughly.
TRIBAL CULTURE AND IDENTITY I: Tribal History