A 3 Month Personalised Creative Writing Workshop
Regular Classroom Mentorship Hours
Introduction to Creative Writing
Ideas Generation & Character Sketching
Customised Exercises for Critical Thinking
Revisiting & Representing Female Icons from Indian Culture
THEME: DRAUPADI 2023
Stories of Contemporary Heroines
This is an intense guided-writing programme.
The mentors will help new storytellers start from scratch.
The 12 week workshop will include thinking, researching, writing & improvising.
The participants will develop systematic & progressive writing practices.
Programme Duration: 12 Weeks
SEATS ARE LIMITED. WE ARE UNABLE TO EXTEND DEADLINES
Last date of registration: 31 August
Programme starts on: 3 September
* Registration is subject to payment of the programme fee and required documents.
* Scroll down for Registration rules
The Writing Programme will work with the applicants on:
•Understanding the Theme.
Draupadi is one of the greatest icons of Indian mythology. How much do we know about her? Is she only a Pandava queen molested at the Hastinapur court? Or is there more to her? Is the spirit of Draupadi still alive? Can we see her reflection in women around us? If she stands at a street corner or in the neighbourhood park or walks into our office, will we recognise her? Explore the adventure.
•Plot Construction and the Story.
Identify your personal strengths as a storyteller and enhance the story using those attributes.
•Research & Writing.
The same story can be told in many ways. Information processing becomes critical. How a story is told defines its readership and relatability.
Learn to effectively use imagination, observation and memory to create realistic characters that stay long after the story is over.
•Drama and Dialogue.
Elements of drama and intelligent use of dialogues can make or mar a story. Learn about the stereotypes. Discover your own voice.
•Reading and Discussions.
Joint reading and discussion of each other's writing and referring to the works of renowned authors - learning the writing techniques and sensitivity.
A lot is seen but not necessarily observed. Minute observations and responses to people or situations add many dimensions to a story if they blend well with the plot.
•Finishing and Finalization.
Any form of art, be it painting, cooking, or writing, requires certain finishing touches. These include, and aren’t limited to, sharpening, polishing, and editing your work. All that glitters is NOT gold!
• All participants will receive a Letter of Completion (digital) from TMYS on successful and timely completion of the course-work.
• Selected stories developed under the programme will be developed into a book (ebook + paperback, available via Amazon).
• Participant/s will be awarded a gift hamper, based on their merits and sincerity.
• Based on the participant's merits and interest, he/she will be invited to moderate LIVE author interactions under TMYS.
* Decision of the faculty will be final.
* Scroll down for Registration rules.
1. The programme will require participants to attend online meetings/workshops, to be scheduled on Saturdays for 1.5 hrs. 5pm IST (adjustible in case of inconvenience of any participant). The dates will be informed in advance.
2. Timely completion of tasks is mandatory.
3. All other details, along with the course schedule, will be emailed to the applicants post registration.
4. The manuscripts will be considered for paperback and ebook publication ONLY on successful completion of the workshop. If mentorship sessions are missed, the manuscript is not developed appropriately, the participants are unavailable to work on the manuscript, etc. – we will not be able to proceed towards publication.
Registration fee is INR17,700/- (Rs. 15000 + taxes) for participants from India and USD 300/- (all inclusive) for participants outside India.
Last date of registration: 31 August
Mode of Payment
• For participants residing in India: Payable in advance by NEFT.
Tell Me Your Story OPC Pvt. Ltd.
A/c no : 059685800000177, Yes Bank. Branch - Shankardhan Plaza Junction, MM Road, Mulund West, Mumbai 400080, IFS Code : YESB0000596.
pay via Paypal - interest charges extra. (You don't need a Paypal account, this allows you to swipe a card.)
• For participants residing outside India and foreign nationals:
USD300/- all inclusive, payable in advance by Paypal.
Email us at email@example.com for the Paypal link.
The Registration Fee is non-refundable.
Applicants must register along with
1. payment receipt against the registration fees.
2. an updated bionote of not more than 100 words.
3. a photograph.
4. social media handles of the participant as applicable - Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram.
The above must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Somrita Urni Ganguly
For queries, please email us at email@example.com
Kindly excuse us if we do not respond to queries that are already addressed here. We expect the applicants to read the above thoroughly.
TRIBAL CULTURE AND IDENTITY II: Tribal Literature